Sunday, November 15, 2009

Erotic Drama with Junnita Jackson

I was born in Brooklyn, New York in the 70's. Being the oldest I often spent alot of time alone in my room because of inflicting some type of tourture on my youngest brother. During that time I discovered escape through fiction. I remember my mother bringing home stacks of books for me to read, she was an avid reader herself. Among them, my favorite, "Are you there God? It's me Margaret." by Judy Blume. Because of that book I started my own Are you there God? journals. I wonder where they are today. And as I'm typing this I'm considering starting those journals again.

My love for words and expression showed itself publically when I attended Boys and Girls High School in Bed-Stuy. I performed a monologue, to audition for the drama club, from the collection of poems from For Colored Girls Who Consider Suicide When The Rainbow Was Enuf by Ntozake Shange. After my performance I was praised and told I should be on stage, but that wasn't where my heart really was. The reaction to the performance made me want to write and have people entertained by my words and how I strung them together to form images in their minds. I wanted to paint pictures with my words.

I have always been a lover of words. I love the idea of getting lost in a world I created with characters that eventually took on a life of their own. What would they do next? How would they react to this or that? Someone once told me that the characters we (as authors) create are an extension of who we really are; that some things that are unacceptable in society could be held as acceptable in the world of fiction. That was a scary thought. My characters in my debut novel, If It Don't Hurt It Ain't Love, exhibit a variety of personality traits and emotions. They range from the meek to the insane. Is that really who I am?

Currently, I am working on my second novel. I live in Central Pennsylvania with my children and loving, supportive husband. I am blessed.

Kat, Tamia, and Vatyra tear apart and mend the cracks of their tattered hearts. Kat is a sultry and steamy woman with a mind boggling sex addiction. Nothing has ever come between Kat and a good time; but too much of a good time may cost her a trip down the aisle.
Coma stricken, Tamia's sanity hangs on by a thread as she keeps seeing her deceased love, James. Maybe James will let her stay with him instead of sending her back to reality to care for their teenage son.
Although Vatyra's heart has been trampled more than once, she finds the strength to let Kevin back into her heart. Just when she thinks life could be sweet, his ex-freak-of-the-week returns to claim what she believes belongs to her.
ISBN:978-0-615-23914-9
Available online at http://www.amazon.com/ http://www.bn.com/ http://www.booksamillion.com/ Ask for it at your local bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment