Sunday, December 20, 2009

Desire at Will with Adrienna Turner

Desire At Will is a spiritual nonfiction book. We have the desire to serve God at our will. Who will you choose to serve all the days of your life? We have the willpower to choose who we will serve through our decision-making process to yield our spirits to God. Once we yield to God, we are motivated to be in the operation of God’s will. Moreover, there are encouraging and edifying ways to process our emotions and to develop our will to make godly choices.

There are five components being in the operation of God’s will: hear the voice of God (through His Word, other believers, and hearing from the Father); comprehend what He is speaking to our spirits; evaluate through discernment; choose to follow Christ; and act on it.

We are created to worship. We can also communicate with God through prayer, thank our Lord for His goodness through praise, and in everything we do is to glorify God.

AAH: Who is Adrienna Turner?
AT:Adrienna Turner is an accomplished author of several nonfiction and poetry works. Her latest book is "Desire at Will"--nonfiction spiritual book. She is now signed to GSH Publishing for her Young Adult Fiction novel entitled "Mirror, Beware!" that will be available in Spring 2010. She also writes under pseudonym names for her fiction projects under science-fiction/horror; romance draspensedy (drama, romance, suspense); fantasy/supernatural fiction; and suspense thrillers.

Additionally, Adrienna is a book reviewer for AAMBC (African Americans on the Move Book Club) and Dream 4 More Reviews. She showcases these reviews posted on Dream 4 More Reviews on her Internet radio show entitled Dream4More on BlogTalkRadio (www.blogtalkradio.com/Dream4More) and Adrienna Turner on BlogTalkRadio (www.blogtalkradio.com/Adrienna-Turner) over a year to showcase her literary consulting talents, author spotlights, and literary market as a whole.

Her passion is encouraging and edifying other aspiring writers to believe in their work, to polish it, and make it marketable. Therefore, she started a literary firm called Dream 4 More Literary Consulting Firm to help new and aspiring authors to showcase their books and enhance their writing projects to become a masterpiece. Other passions are youth involvement, community, and legal field.

AAH:What are your current projects?
AT:Mirror, Beware! will be released in Spring 2010 or sooner with GSH Publishing. I am working on Miss the Mark Series, book 4 our of 7 series. I am editing Unleashing the Spirit, Volume 1 and God is in the Equation to be ready for print in 2010/2011. I have a triology called S.H.E. (SHE Swagger, SHE Destined and SHE Mastered) that I will be working on in 2010 for Young Adults.

AAH:Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
AT:I see writing as both. I see writing as a hobby, because writing is something I enjoy doing whether I get paid or not. I have done freelancing jobs without pay to write articles for online magazines and in print magazines. I also blog, chat, and enjoy sending emails--prefer to write than speak on the phone most of the time. I bear my heart and soul in my writings.

I also see writing as a career since I want to be a full-time writer/author. God has showed me my calling and want to excel in my gift. I see no boundaries or limits and keep exceeding with the talents and abilities God instilled in me.

AAH:Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
AT:I love to read mysteries, suspense thrillers, self-help books on an inspirational level, some memoirs, nonfiction books on business, health, wealth, and spiritual growth; poetry, Urban and Christian fiction, some drama and romance, and some science fiction. I also read Yong Adult books.

There are too many authors to name, but to name some, they are Vanessa Davis Griggs, Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, Joel Osteen, Vanessa Miller, Starr Sanders, Sheila Lipsey, L.A. Banks, and Adrienna Dionna Turner. What strikes me most about all these writers is that they write to inspire, aspire, to enlighten our literacy with page-turning books, to educate and keep us begging for more. I also read all types of books since I am a book reviewer for AAMBC and receive books at author’s request

AAH:Do you have any advice for other writers?
AT:Writers who are also avid readers allows us to study other author’s works, to learn what makes your audience tick or captivate them, study the style of writing, and most importantly, create your own writing style by noting what your dislikes and likes are that other authors do in their books.

You have to first believe in yourself, since no one else will. Do not give up on your dream. Be willing to seek a good editor, ask for references, and sample works. They also can do a chapter or thirty pages at no cost to see if you want to use their services first. This is a partner relationship, where the editor is to make the author’s manuscript better. Be prepared for financial expenses, it is best to research and do your homework on the craft as an author, review other author’s books in the genres you plan to write, and find out information on the publishing gig. Decide what is best for you! No surprises if you do your homework. If you do not want to do it, there are literary services to assist you. I started a literary consulting firm called Dream 4 More Literary Consulting Firm to help new and aspiring authors to learn more about the publishing business and marketing you!

AAH:When did you write your first book and how old were you?
AT:I wrote my first poem and short story when I was eleven years old. My first novella was published in May 2004, Mystery Lies Within. Then, September 2005, From the Depths of My Soul: Collection of Poetry and Songs. In 2008, Half of the Battle is to Surrender All I Have (poetry) and The Day Begins with Christ. My latest book, December 2009, Desire at Will.

AAH:What do you like to do when you're not writing?
AT:When I am not writing, I enjoy researching and reading. I continue to learn the market, study other writers' style and learn the craft of writing. I also enjoy reading other authors and writers work, both new and legendary. I am a reviewer for a book club and Dream 4 More Reviews. I also write articles for Celebrity Report Magazine, Heavenly Magazine, and Associated Content Press. I have two online radio showcases: Adrienna Turner and Dream4More on BlogTalkRadio to showcase authors, literary news and social/political information. Lastly, I enjoy acting! I am currently in a stage play entitled Are you Ready.

AAH:What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
AT:As writers and authors, we have to remove our egos and allow an editor to dissect our manuscripts with feedback and ways to improve or develop our manuscripts before they are in print. We sometimes get in our feelings and upright about the editing process, where we have to accept the changes made to enhance our manuscripts before the reader tears us apart with criticism, opinions, and feedback or reviews. Overall, editing is the most emotional and grueling part of being an author or writer. Writing is the easiest part of the equation. Marketing and promoting is another challenging aspect of being a published author. How can you compete with so many talented and new authors on the market every year? This will be surprising to most authors and writers who want to publish their books. We do not become rich and famous overnight--so please remove this thought immediately and be ready for ongoing growth process in the literary market, both good and bad.

AAH:How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
AT:I have written over ten books (some are still in manuscript format or process of writing). I have several published at this time and two or more to be published in 2010. I write both nonficiton and fiction books.

My most enjoyable one to write is my inspirational drama-suspense series entitled Miss the Mark Series. Book 1: Dream's Reality.

My most accomplished book at this time is The Day Begins with Christ and latest release, Desire at Will.

The most challenging book to write and research to where I did not want to actually start on it, would be Unleashing the Spirit (Volumes 1-3) to be released in 2010/2011.

AAH:Do you like to create books for adults?
AT:I write books for both adults and young adults. Our children is our future and I want to reach them in the literary world as well. They are saturated with erotica and street literature, where they need books that have drama but inspirational without the sex and profanity.

Website: www.adriennaturner.webs.com
Literary Site: www.dreams4more.com

No comments:

Post a Comment