Monday, December 14, 2009

Samara King's Sensual Fiction

Author Samara King has penned 8 novellas and 1 novel in the multicultural erotic romance genre and has added her passion for poetry and contemporary fiction into the mix. She strives and endorses diversity between the pages of her books and poetry.
Samara wrote her first love story in the 8th grade and has been addicted to romantic fiction every since. She lives in Chicago with her precocious son and indulges in people watching, dancing, singing, and catching up on CSI and Ugly Betty.
Currently writes for Cobblestone Press, Loose Id, Changeling Press, Total E-Bound and her BlogTalkRadio segment; SoundNOff with Co-host Chamsil (The Writer), a showcase for Poets, Spoken Word artists and all spectrums of poetical prose. The creator of inCHARACTER, a striving writing resource, in which she serves as a columnist of Character-ology.

Readers may contact her at: Ms_Samara_King@yahoo.com
Upon A Midnight Clear
Total-e-Bound

Carter James was the only present Drea Michaels wanted to unwrap this Christmas. She has only a few steamy nights to seduce the man she’s loved for years. Drea will have to play dirty if she wants to break Carter’s relationship rules: No dating friends. What good are rules, if they can’t be broken?
Carter has resisted every temptation imaginable since meeting curvaceous Drea. He’s not the kind of man who believes in forever, but when Drea pushes him past his sexual restraints, one touch may not be enough!

AAH:Where are you from?
SK: I'm from Chicago by way of the South ;)

AAH:When did you write your first book and how old were you?
SK:I wrote my first book when I was in 8th grade. My heroine visited Ecuador and fell for a teenage boy there. It was the first time I felt the magic of creating something and watching characters come alive. I'll always remember that.

AAH:If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? I would have to say Brenda Jackson and Beverly Jenkins. When I had seriously started crafting a romance novel, I thought of my two favorites. They write three-dimensional characters that grasp you by the throat and don't let go. The interactions between the characters often stay with you long after the story has ended. I looked up to these two wonderful authors due to how their words and stories touched me.

AAH:Do you have a specific writing style?
SK:I think my writing style has changed as my life has changed. I've gone from writing mostly novellas, to branching out to novels. Once I got over the hurdle of change, grasped the differences in how I use to write, how I approached storytelling, I began to feel the floor underneath my feet again. It took a while though. What I learned is to embrace it all!

AAH:What are your current projects?
SK:Currently, I'm working on a paranormal novella title Chosen, a sexy mystery novel, Like Sour for Sweet and having a ball delving into the mystery genre.

Samara King
Sensual Fiction With A Kick!
http://www.samaraking.com/
http://www.incharacter101.com/
http://www.myspace.com/soundnoff
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/samaraking

No comments:

Post a Comment